Current News

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#61540 Errr dunno if I missed a version or not but just thought I'd let everyone know the latest version as of today is sitting on the OTA server for 4MB devices espbasic dev kit or nodemcu.

For those who are new OTA is (Over The Air) upgrade works when device is connected to your router what it allows you to do is download and flash without hooking it to your computer! So lets say you have your nodemcu or espbasic dev kit in your project no need to disassemble it or run a cable to it to upgrade you just insert OTA link in settings page save it then click upgrade.

For more info visit the link in my signature on how to do OTA.

Enjoy!
By riban
#62930 Are there any instructions on how to use OTA? The Settings page has a field for OTA server (is there an online one serving latest images as suggested in this posting) but I can't see a button to apply an OTA update.
By Mmiscool
#62950 Ota firmware updates only work on the 4 meg modules.

My server has been down for quite a while but frolotto has been kind enough to put up his own. If you place the url to his server in the ota field on the setting page and save the setting then click the update button it should download and install the newer version of the firmware.