Chat freely about anything...

By Sumit Dubey
#43855 Hello,
i m working on a data logging application in which arduino reads some sensors data and store them on SD card in a text file.
Arduino has an ethernet module ENC28j60 connected which connects to my wifi router as a network interface to my Data logger.
I have Vb.net application written on my PC which sends a HTTP request on the IP assigned to ethernet module and in return arduino transfers the complete text file in HTML Text format to PC which it receives and store in text file by creating one. so ultimately duplicating the stuffs on PC
the current setup works fine even for sending large files greater than 1 Mb or so thanks to the ethercard library which supports send Data in packets.

I was wondering can i do same things using ESP8266 wifi module connected to arduino instead on Ethernet(want my logger to have a wireless connectivity). But having a very little knowledge about ESP8266 looking at the command AT+CIPSEND which has limitation of maximum 2048 data to be sent
how can i send a large text file in packets in order to send data > 2048 bytes

I m running AT version:0.60.0.0 and currently testing it by sending commands on terminal software

when i send data using AT+CIPSEND in response to the request, the VB.net method through an exception on receiving response as "The Sever committed a Protocol violation Section=ResponseStatusLine" (this might be another issue might be some header issue) and the connection also gets closed.

if i access it using browser i can send data using AT+CIPSEND multiple times without closing the connection and after closing the connection whole data gets displayed on browser successfully.
So is this the only way to send multiple packets ?

I m attaching a screenshots of my test,
Image1:
On left is a vb.net application exception which i m getting, on the right is the terminal window where you can seen i m connected to a router and got a IP, a request received when sent through .net application to which i m responding.
Image2:
On left browser which pings the IP and gets the response, on the right is the terminal window responding to the request multiple time

I hope i have explained my problem well and looking forward for the solution
Attachments
Untitled1.png
communication with browser
Untitled.png
communication with vb.net application
By Cath
#62931 Good day. Sir can you share the arduino codes and vb codes that you use in sending txt file from sd to pc using ethernet. This is my first time using an arduino for my project. Thank you in advance :)