So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By SF2017CND
#63779 When I connect this module to a PC running windows 7 it constantly connects and disconnects, on a mac it doe the same thing but eventually stays connected. I think it has to do with the default BAUD rate. Does anyone know how to change the baud rate of this model. I tried using the serial monitor in the Arduino IDE...but it doesnt work.
By Espradio01
SF2017CND wrote:When I connect this module to a PC running windows 7 it constantly connects and disconnects, on a mac it doe the same thing but eventually stays connected. I think it has to do with the default BAUD rate. Does anyone know how to change the baud rate of this model. I tried using the serial monitor in the Arduino IDE...but it doesnt work.

Hi .. can you be more specific re "connects and disconnects"

I encountered the same issue while programming it with arduino.. the issue arises after successful program (the end of the dots :-) ..oh boy i miss a programming complete message :-()
Anyway after programming just disconnect the GPIO 0 from ground. I'm using and FTDI USB to serial (clone) in windows 8.1
Hope that helps
D
Last edited by Espradio01 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Espradio01
SF2017CND wrote:When I connect this module to a PC running windows 7 it constantly connects and disconnects, on a mac it doe the same thing but eventually stays connected. I think it has to do with the default BAUD rate. Does anyone know how to change the baud rate of this model. I tried using the serial monitor in the Arduino IDE...but it doesn''t work.

Hi there

Experiencing same issue and using arduino IDE to program it along with an FTDI usb to serial module (cheap clone).
After programming disconnect GPIO 0 from ground.
This works for me.
Hope this helps
D
Last edited by Espradio01 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.