So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Ocsav
#65110 hi,

I have a simple sensor done with a node-mcu (esp-12) that uses deep sleep and wakes up in the normal way, via the pulse from gpio-16.

I'd like to use the esp-01s module instead, the problem, of course is that gpio-16 pin is not available. In the particular model I have, there's even some small SMD components right in front of the gpio-16 pin, so, soldering a small wire between this pin and the reset pin is even more difficult.

My question is if it is possible to use an external device like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/5PCS-Multifunction-Delay-Trigger-ChipTiming-Module-Timer-IC-Timing-2s-1000h-/311514571224 to do the hard work. Is there a "recommend" device ?
By Ocsav
#65201 BUMP !!

Came on no one ?

I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to use ESP-01S as remote sensors that need deep sleep in order to increase battery duration.
By Ocsav
#65211 From the very little info available for that devices it is not clear if they can generate the kind of pulse needed to wake up the module. And I have no idea about how much power those things use.

I know about the TPL5010 IC, that looks to be just what is needed for this application but I don't know enough about "real" electronics to make a circuit with it.

I was looking for examples when I found those devices on ebay. But so far haven't been able to locate nothing about using them with the ESP-01S.

The wake up code is not a problem, I have it running in a node mcu and it don't need to know if it comes from power down or from deep sleep. It just connect to the wlan, read the sensors and do a GET to a php script, then goes to sleep again. All this could well be done by an ESP-01S module which is smaller and probably wastes less power.