Place to put your Basic demos and examples

Moderator: Mmiscool

By trackerj
Pierre wrote:Got it to work and it is reasonable stable, mainly by reducing the number of info displayed on the webpage with the advice from Electroguard . One more question, if anybody can help. It seems to be stable if only one device is connected to the ESP. It is not running in AP mode, but connected to a wifi hotspot in my house. The moment that a second connection is made from another device to the ESP, it falls over and you need to restart. Is this issue also related to unstable behaviour as discussed on the previous pages?

It is not working properly for more than one concurrent connection. When/if some Async HTTP and WebSocket will be implemented in ESP Basic, that will move it to the next level!

I would play a bit more with, my first intention was to do some driver modules that can be embedded in the ESPBasic when you need tham but I am not able anymore to properly compile ESPBasic from sources. A step-by-step tutorial about will be great if MMISCOOL can find some time for it.
By Pierre
#65577 Thanks, so if I understand it correctly it is only with websockets that you cannot connect with more than one connection. When I started a few weeks ago with ESP8266Basic I did not use websockets and I tested the code with multiple connections. It was a very simple program that just displayed the temp, humidity and one IO. I must admit the that ESP8266Basic is an fantastic system. It is just a pity that there are current bugs or outstanding development that will make it far superior than other systems. My friend either use C++ or Java and for them to do what I have done in ESP8266Basic is close to 2000 lines of programming, where mine is about 200 lines. The setup page alone save hundreds of code if you use another language. I would like to stay with ESP8266Basic as learning a new language for me now will just be to much effort. I have not done a lot a programming during the last 20 years and back then I only used Basic and Machine code. I completely understand the current situation as it is very difficult to integrate development work on a part time basis if you need to still do your normal work, spending time with the family and general maintenance at your house.

Regards
Pierre
By Edi
#68275 What I've found out - and this is a generel point for all Applications using the ESP:

I made an Application, using a Meter-Objekt with fast fefresh (100 times per second).
It works well, but in this moment, when I switch on a cheap Radar-Module (unsing 2,4 GHz frequency) the conneciotn between ESP and Smartphone immediately stops!

I've had such problems with disconnectiones earlier and never found out what's the reason for that. This happens even with a rock-stable voltage source and good buffering by capacitors.

But now it is clear: The ESP is very very sensitiv for influences from other radio sources in the frequency area around 2,4 GHz.

Yes, it maybe that the our beloved Basic is contributing some own Bugs, but I'm shure the main problem is caused by interfering transmitters.

Maybe the ESP's reiceiver works a little bit too broadband, so that it is sensitive against smallest disturbances nearby 2,4 GHz. Maybe even a Lightswitch can produce a short interfering peak.
If such a frequency peak happens while updating the program, then errors occur.

Electroguard was playing with a 3,71 GHz Radar. I think this Module can't interfere with the ESP's connection. But my own module uses 2,4 GHz - the same as the ESP. Inspite of its very low level of radiation, it "kills" the ESP's connection immediately, when switeched on. And if the Radar runs, I hardly can get a connection between the ESP and any Smartphone anymore.

I tried to modify my Radar's frequency a bit, to shift it away from 2,4 GHz. But with small success. The frequency shifting seems to work, but even then, it kills the ESPs connection. That's the reason why I'm now pretty shure: The ESP himself is the culprit!

For me it looks claer, that the ESP ist very very sensitive against such influences, not only with exact 2,4 GHz, but in a wide area arround it.
Shurely also even less "harmfull" devices can disturbe it, like Switches, Motors, Lamps and so on.

It would be very interesting to see, if the ESP32 would be a better choice, for a more stable connection!
By forlotto
#68485 Errr I never looked into the specifics edi does the ESP32's wifi use the 5GHZ band even if so would you still not have to worry about bluetooth bands causing an issue with that as your are mentioning it it sounds to me like you are implying that it is working like a jammer in your case because the power output is likely stronger than the power output of the WIFI thus pirating the signal .

Bluetooth devices intended for use in short-range personal area networks operate from 2.4 to 2.4835 GHz. To reduce interference with other protocols that use the 2.45 GHz band, the Bluetooth protocol divides the band into 79 channels (each 1 MHz wide) and changes channels up to 1600 times per second. Newer Bluetooth versions also feature Adaptive Frequency Hopping which attempts to detect existing signals in the ISM band, such as Wi-Fi channels, and avoid them by negotiating a channel map between the communicating Bluetooth devices.

IDK if it would or not based upon the specs of bluetooth but I would guess most likely. In which case that would render the bluetooth functionality useless maybe it is best just to upgrade the radar to something out of band as the best effort and precaution.