The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By SurtrTech
Luc Volders wrote:Hey SurtrTech,

SurtrTech wrote:Hello Luc,
Thanks for the reply, but the problem is that I will be always far from the NodeMcu board, which means if the router reboots I will not know about the board IP adress.

If you give your ESP a static IP adress (can be done in the router) then the board will always get the same IP adress even if the router reboots.

By building your own APP you can build in any security you want.
First they will have to know your IP adress. Second they will have to know which port is open. And then they will have to know your security code which you can build in. That is 3 steps....

Luc

But a static adress local or over internet? I know that method, but first I have to be on the same router to know the global IP adress, then I modify the router to do that port redirection, but when the router reboots the global adress will change and if I was far I will not know the new IP adress, also this have some security issues and my project is fully about security :oops: Correct me if I'm wrong :oops:
By martinayotte
#66255 Static local address or DHCP reserved, with router port forwarding ...
To know what is the outside address, your ESP can periodically call some site such http://api.ipify.org and verify if it changed since last call by saving this IP into flash, if changed, ESP can send you an email to tell you what is the new IP.