Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By bit
#66241 Hello everyone,

I just started to use the ESP8266 chips but I encountered the following problem:

I installed the "Unofficial Development Kit for Espressif ESP8266" and I can succesfully build the examples.
So I uploaded the blinky example first on my Wemos D1 mini board and the LED started to blink..so far everything went well, then I changed the delay value, build the project and uploaded it again but the LED blinked the same..nothing changed.
I modified the example to keep the LED on, again I uploaded the changes but nothing happened, the LED kept blinking. I also tried other examples with the same behaviour.
I did checked to see if I modify any example if the generated bin files changed and they did, but after uploading them nothing happened

So I did the same thing with a NodeMCU V2 board and unfortunatelly the behaviour was the same.
I suspect that something is corrupted while uploading the bin files but I don't undestand why.

There is a similar post (solved) viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4339&start=76 here it seems that the USB -TTL adapter was the problem but since I tried this on two different new boards I assume that this is not the problem.

Currently I got stuck and I don't know what to try next.

I'll appreciate any advice

Best regards,
Tudor
By bit
#66271 Update:

The behaviour described above happens with the Unofficial Development Kit for Espressif ESP8266 latest versions:
Current Version: 2.2.1 on 30/10/2016
Beta Version: 2.2.2 on 21/04/2017 - See more at: viewtopic.php?t=820#sthash.bnsWPtQr.dpuf

Last night I tried an older version (Espressif-ESP8266-DevKit-v2.0.9-x86) from
http://www.nefastor.com/esp8266-bare-metal-programming/

and this one worked without any problems.

It seems that the toolchain is the problem, so now I'll have to find out what exactly.
My fist step will be to compare the bin files generated with the older version and the newer one to see if there are any differences.

If somebody knows about this issues please post them here.