Discuss here different C compiler set ups, and compiling executables for the ESP8266

By davydnorris
itti wrote:I am using an old version of the devkit and it works fine. I would like to experiment with the newest version so I renamed the c:\Espressif folder to c:\Espressif_
However when I try to run the installation of the newest devkit (Espressif-ESP8266-DevKit-v2.2.1-x86) I get the following message:
An old version of Unofficial Development Kit for Espressif ESP8266 was detected. Do you want to uninstall it ?
If I click No the new devkit is not installed
How can I have both installed ?

Have you tried renaming the directory and then running the uninstall. It will complain about not being able to find the files but might register that the old one is 'uninstalled', and then let you install the new one
By itti
#66414 But then I will have to re install the old version if the new didn't work out ... I am really afraid to harm the installation. It could be nice to be able to have more then one version installed and then shift between just by renaming a folder
By davydnorris
itti wrote:But then I will have to re install the old version if the new didn't work out ... I am really afraid to harm the installation. It could be nice to be able to have more then one version installed and then shift between just by renaming a folder

You should be able to just work from the renamed folder. The install program doesn't do anything especially fancy - it just copies files into the folder structure.
By anhtran
#66983 Hello, could you please help me check my problem getting start the Unofficial Development Kit for Espressif ESP8266 with Blinky and hello_world example. i can build and flash without error, but seem that the esp8266 does not run well, the led on NodeMCU module is continuous blink( fast ON/OFF) look like it is writing something on TX pin. I have tried install the development kit on 2 laptops but same problem. Please check my video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QvVQ2XatM

THANKS