Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By mmrvelj
#67319 I have made several versions of my project with ESP-07 module, and they all behave the same.

Problem is that until I solder module to the pcb, the ESP07 module boots fine and connects to wifi, but once the module is soldered it does not connect anymore. Connecting console to the test points does not work at all. Since I am using ESP07 module, it is not easy to desolder it, but I did it once and module worked while hooked back on programmer.

My project so simple that I cannot figure out where the problem is. I am suspecting that power supply is not adequate, but what I can measure it does provide 3.3V. I am powering project with 5V DC 1A. I am using tantal capacitors of 22uF around AMS1117. Could this be wrong?

Here is schematic of the project

Sensor-Schematic.PNG

Here is PCB
Sensor-3D-PCB.PNG

Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By mmrvelj
#67489 I made separate board providing power supply to ESP module, and that works as well. So my suspicion is that I have copper interference somehow? Could that be the cause?