The use of the ESP8266 in the world of IoT

By Mads Svendsen
#60406 Hi at ESP8266,

I'm a master student from The Technical University of Denmark currently doing my thesis and as a part of it carrying out a large user test in office environments - however I have experienced some problems when connecting multiple Adafruit Feather Huzzah (ESP-12) modules to the same router? Seems like it just suddenly stops working :?

I am connecting up to 10 Adafruit Feather Huzzah units to one router (http://www.dlink.com/uk/en/home-solutions/connect/routers/dwr-921-4g-lte-router). The router uses a sim-card to connect to either 3G or 4G. I do send a small text package every 1.5 minutes from each of the Adafruit Feather Huzzah units. Altogether I have 25 units in the same room connecting to 3 different routers. All routers use the same channel (12) and have different SSID.

I use the ESP8266WiFi library and the following code to connect:

Code: Select all 
  Serial.printf("Connecting to %s ", ssid);
  WiFi.begin(ssid, password);
  while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
    delay(500);
    Serial.print(".");
  }
  Serial.println("");
  Serial.print("WiFi connected, IP address: "); Serial.println(WiFi.localIP());

Have anyone in here experienced something similar or maybe I'm making some obvious mistake you can point out :)

Best regards Mads
By cyberlacs
#60567 Friend I had a problem of this, but in my case I only have 02 NodeMCU 1.0.

When I connected one alone and then I connected the other alone, the operation is perfect.

But when he linked the two together, one conflicted with the other.

Solution (Note I use Arduino IDE 1.8.0)

In NodeMCU (01) - A C C E S S P O I N T
Code: Select allVoid setup () {
      // accepts WIFI_AP / WIFI_AP_STA / WIFI_STA
      WiFi.mode (WIFI_AP);
}

In NodeMCU (02) - S T A T I O N
Code: Select allVoid setup () {
      // accepts WIFI_AP / WIFI_AP_STA / WIFI_STA
      WiFi.mode (WIFI_STA);
}

With this I managed to connect the two without conflict

I'm waiting for your answer, in this solution, check there and return.

Thanks
By Nimit Vachhani
#68199 Hi @Mads Svendsen,

Did you solve your problem ? I am also facing such problem. I am connecting 20 ESP12F to my wifi router at a same time. If i connect them one by one then they are getting connected smoothly. If you have solved your problem please let me know the solution.