Chat freely about anything...

By artic1980
#47982 Hello to all I have to convert the signal of a pH sensor that goes from -0.5 to +0.5 I must convert it to connect it to the analog input ADC that if I'm not mistaken reads from 0 to + 1 .
how can I do?
Thank
By Javigrop
#68335 Could you solve it? I'm struggling with the same, I will use a voltage divider I think
By trackerj
#68403 You can find more informations about ESP8266 ADC in these related articles:

ESP8266 Internal ADC
Step by step ADC input - voltage divider - the easy way example
ADC input - autorange frontend design

A good example to follow is also this one: Voltage Level Shifter and amplifier module for ACS712.

You will find there all the bits and pieces to design your own desired range high precision Voltage Level Shifter.

Happy breadboarding,
TJ
Last edited by trackerj on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By btidey
#68409 If you can tolerate losing some resolution in the interests of simplicity then you could just use a simple voltage divider plus an input resistor to offset negative bias of the sensor.

For example a 47K / 10K divider across the 3.3V to 0V and a 10K input from the sensor to the junction gives 0.09 -> 0.54V to feed into the ADC. This mean the swing from end to end is now only 0.45V rather than 1V.

This assumes the sensor has a low impedance compared to the 10K. Stability of the 3.3V rail is important.