A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Army11CVet
QuickFix wrote:@knchris:
Have you tried ap_open (not sure if that's the correct option)?
Code: Select allset ap_open 1

In the worst case you'll have to reset to default settings and re-enter everything.
Code: Select allreset factory

@martin_g:
I'm having a little problem connecting over a serial console.
When I connect and reset the ESP, I'm getting all the correct info displayed.
But to get a command-prompt (so I can enter and execute commands), I need to reset the flow-control.

Maybe it's just a problem with the used board (a Witty Cloud board), so I'll try it using other boards as well.
I'm not yet able to compile the sources on Windows myself (yet), so I'm using the current binaries on GitHub.
I thought I'll mention it here, since it cost me a couple of hours to figure that out (and might help others). ;)

Anyway: great project which is working perfectly; thanks for that! :D

"set ap_open" - is for the ESP AP pw (not the Router you are connecting through)
"reset factory" - will just reset with factory defaults of <ssid: ssid, password: password>

I cannot figure out how to "set password" (your_home_router's_password) to blank- you need something in there, or you get "invalid characters"

so you can never connect to your unsecured network or ie McDonald's Hotspots- I would love to know how to do this too- I think it is a very important part of the program to be able to connect to Unsecure Hotspots.....

will break out linux SDK box when I have time and figure it out- cause got to remove indicator light "Status LED" anyways(sucks up too much battery!! great program, other than that "set password" to Null- if someone figures that out = please post! But was still amazed at what this little chip can do. This is my first post on this site because of this product---- Thanks
By jcea
#68812 Just checking the project for half an hour. This software is fantastic.

Some details:

- The standalone version (with no lwip patching) doesn't have the web administrative interface.

- FEATURE REQUEST: I could use this software to connect to a "hostile" network. Lets say, MacDonals. Would be nice if the administrative interfaces (telnet and WEB) could be disabled in the WAN side. I can use "lock" to protect the configuration, but the device can be reset via "reset", etc anyway. Very inconvenient. I would rather prefer to have the choice to not listen in the administrative ports in the WAN. Moreover, "lock" is useless if the password is the WIFI WAN password, because the "attacker" already knows it. Also, what happens with "lock" when connecting to an open WIFI?.

This is interesting to isolate "internal" machines from an hostile WIFI network, like IoT protection in reverse.

- Could you possibly make a comment about 80/160Mhz operations?. Performance? Stability? Power requirements?.

Thanks for this awesome project, @martin_g.

PS: This project could be amazing too to be able to connect mi WIFI enabled camera thru a captive portal, since the camera doesn't have a browser. I could login with the phone and since the MAC seen by the router is the same (the ESP one), my camera could reach Internet after that.

Great!.