General area when it fits no where else

Moderator: Mmiscool

By Edi
#68515 Thanks at Micha122 for sharing this.
But I have to admit: I didn't try it ...
Because to begin each command with a big letter is no option for me.
I'm using the SciTe editor without any modifications. It's not perfekt, but better then the online editor.

By the way: It looks like your're from Germany, like me.
Surely you know about the problem: Using german special charakters (ä, ö ü, Ä, Ö, Ü, ß) causing problems with ESPBasic.
Each time, I switch from "Run" to "Edit", all german special characters in the website are replaced by rubbish after switching back to the editor.

It does'nt help to write a line like that:
Code: Select allwprint |<head><title>Atemsensor-Demo</title><meta charset="utf-8"></head>|

It also does'nt help to write the characters in HTML-Code, like that:
Code: Select all&uuml;

My Browsers character coding ist UTF-8.
But it's ESPBasic, who's make the problems.
Is there any way to solve this problem?

If not:
Michael M., could you please make it possible to use german special characters!?
By Micha122
#68518 Hello Edi
But I have to admit: I didn't try it ...
Because to begin each command with a big letter is no option for me.

The problem is fixed quickly:

1. Open both files in Notepad ++
2. Execute keyboard shortcut Ctrl-U
3. Save both files

The problem is solved. :D
By Edi
#68612 Hmmm, and then?
Sometimes I write commands with a big, sometimes with a small leading letter. Both have to work, or it is useless. I would often forget to press Ctrl-u.

But my biggest problem is the thing with the missing german characters in ESPBasic.
Each time, I switch from "Run" back to "Edit" there is gibberish in the Editor.
If I forget to paste the code completely new from SCite, or Notepd++ the gibberish grows.

There would be no problem, if the ESPBasic editor could handle european characters (and some other small improvements).
More than that: I want to make my program international, up to Russian language. So there is really need for UTF.