Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By mikesdowdell
#68627 I've started working with this V3 board in the Arduini IDE and most everything I've connected from one wire temp probes, RTC, LCD, ect have worked no problem. I think I have the correct pin identification chart (left side has GND/VUSB instead of RSV/RSV and the MOSO pin seems to be in a new position).

I picked up a local OSEPP RTCSD-01 which has a DS1307 I2C real time clock with SDCARD. I was able to connect he pinouts and get the RTC working just fine (as long as the battery wasnt in, different problem, Iwill never buy OSEPP again) but no matter what I try, I cant interface the SDCARD correctly. The OSEPP documentation shows the following vague diagram for their OSEPP UNO(which I'm not using) config:

And most importantly on the back side is the following:

Based upon their documentation I haveConnected the following:

ESP8266 OSEPP
------------------------------------------------------
MOSI MOSI
MOSO MOSO
SCLK SCLK
3V VCC
GND GND

The following I used to get the RTC working but dont think its needed for the SDCARD but maybe this is where I'm wrong

ESP8266 OSEPP
------------------------------------------------------
D3 SDA
D2 SCL

I've attempted many of the default Arduino SD and libraries sketches, tried configuring the different pins, tried the OSEPP libraries but they dont seem to be compatible with the ESP8266, but nothing seems to work. I'm curious if maybe I'm misunderstanding the pin config and if so maybe someone can nudge me in the right direction. Perhaps I need the Cable Select set, although on this pinout I'm not sure how that is done.
By QuickFix
#68638 I don't see CS/SS (Chip Select/Slave Select) connected. :?

For SPI you should use D5, D6, D7 & D8 of the NodeMCU.
For I2C I always use D1 and D2 of the NodeMCU.

These lines are the prefered special functions for these pins: