Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Chibundu Ogbonnia
#69081 Hi. From the diagram shown here, I am trying to provide an alternative power supply for my esp-12E using lipo 3.7V battery. But i noticed that after adding the 3.3V regulator to the design my voltage comes down to 2.8 which is not enough supply for my esp12. again i know that the circuit is not a good practice for the lipo battery. Can anyone help me out with a standard way of doing this so that i van use my esp8266 while charging the lipo battery as it is in the mobile phone. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
#69151 You need to use a regulator that has a low dropout voltage. (operate with a small differential between output and input) In your situation that would be the primary requirement after adequate current output. (since the device primarily runs on AC)

I am doing effectively the same thing but I will be running on battery with infrequent charging. In that case I also require low quiescent current.
By ian
#69185 If your power outage is long it might also ruin your lipo. I do something similar but use lipo chargers which have protection. You don't want the lipo to fully discharge.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5pcs-TP4056-B ... SwNdBZcJgv
So far these work fine powering Wemos D1 which has a half decent LDO regulator on board.