So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Tonymura
#69115 Hi
back again
i purchased a wifi module form Ebay about a week ago and it has yet to arrive.
My question here is, when i get this.
Without flashing out my wifi module is there a way to view the AT commands so that i can setup my wifi password and SSID of my modem/router.
Any suggestion
Thanks
Tony
By QuickFix
#69134 I'm not sure what you mean by "View my AT commands", but if you want to know what AT commands are available in the default software, have a look at this document from Espressif. :idea:

Note: it's very likely your module has an older version of the firmware, so some commands are not yet implemented.
The document also described where to get the latest firmware if needed.
By Tonymura
#69152 Hi
Thanks for the reply and documentation.
Maybe i should have worded it, how do i copy or save the default AT commands that comes already preloaded inside the microcontroller?
Does anyone know?
By QuickFix
#69209 Do you mean: "How do I make a backup of the firmware already inside my ESP"?

Normally you wouldn't need to because the default firmware inside an ESP8266 is just Espressif's "NON-OS SDK", which you can download from the Espressif site.

However, it is possible to make a backup using ESPTool (esptool.py or esptool.exe), though I've never done it myself.
Do a search here on this forum; there are a few topics that describe how to do this. :idea:

If you're really stuck, I might be able to write a small tutorial, but please try yourself first.