Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By stern0m1
#69214 Whats the VIL – Maximum INPUT Voltage level to still be considered a LOW for the esp8266?

Not sure exactly how to read the attached clip. Is it .25v?

With the internal pull up on gpio 15 and pull down of 12k, the pin measures .80v that would mean its not a low. (As was mentioned previously.)

Just very interesting, because why did ai-thinker put a 12k resistor in the latest module's. The "s" version. You would think that ai-thinker knows what they are doing. The older versions had a lower resistor, if remember correctly its something like 4k. Why would they change it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By rudy
#69216 I design electronic products. I would never give a spec that didn't have some additional safety margin. Maybe the designer of the modules knew more about what is real compared to what is stated. (I hope)
By RFZ
stern0m1 wrote:Whats the VIL – Maximum INPUT Voltage level to still be considered a LOW for the esp8266?
Not sure exactly how to read the attached clip. Is it .25v?

I'd read this as 0.25 * Vio, which is 0.825V on 3.3V