So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By martinayotte
#69236 I've just copy/pasted the code you've posted and change ESP_ to TEST, and it is actually working fine :
Code: Select all+   eth0 IPv4 TEST1926C8                                    Web Site             local
=   eth0 IPv4 TEST1926C8                                    Web Site             local
   hostname = [test1926c8.local]
By KDB
martinayotte wrote:I've just copy/pasted the code you've posted and change ESP_ to TEST, and it is actually working fine :
Code: Select all+   eth0 IPv4 TEST1926C8                                    Web Site             local
=   eth0 IPv4 TEST1926C8                                    Web Site             local
   hostname = [test1926c8.local]

Do you have any idea why it is not working in my configuration ?
Ho do you verify the hostname ( Windows, unix, mac, ios )
Thanks
By martinayotte
#69243 In Linux, using "avahi-browse -ar" lists all the mDNS responses, and can be filtered by using grep :
"avahi-browse -ar | grep -i test"
There is also a GUI app called "avahi-discover".
On Windows, you need to install "Bonjour", but I've never did, so I don't how it is working.
For Mac, "Bonjour" is built-in in the OS, but I don't know either, but a bit of googling reveal that "dns-sd" is the command to use ...
By rudy
On Windows, you need to install "Bonjour", but I've never did, so I don't how it is working.

Crappy. I don't know where the issue is though. I have an app called All My LAN and it doesn't see the ESP devices although it sees my Raspberry Pi and other Windows computers. From a browser I can do esp.local but the delay in response can be long enough that the browser times out. I think the problem is with the mDNS library. I have planned to work on this more but I have been too busy with other things.