So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Tonymura
#69292 Thanks for that.
Yes that is useful information to have.
Its a pity that i didn't ask this question here before.

I have another question to ask here, but i am not sure if i should start a new topic or post this question in the Arduino community as i have loaded the program with the Arduino IDE interface as this is just a basic on - off command through my browser and yes its all working as planed and works great ...but somehow i am not able to access this externally from the outside internet setting, WAN. It only seems to respond through my LAN settings.

Any suggestion or should i post a new topic.

Thanks
By QuickFix
#69300 While you should start a new topic for non-related problems, this actually isn't an Arduino (or ESP8266) related issue.
You should read up on how networks (LAN and WAN) work; doing a search on Google for "Port forwarding" should be a good place to start. :idea:
By Tonymura
#69313 You are correct this AT topic has nothing to do with the Arduino code that i have loaded into this ESP which is in C++ so i better head of to the Arduino community and ask my question there with regards to this new issue.
Thanks for all your help.
By QuickFix
#69343 No, your question regarding connecting to the ESP "From the outside" (not from within your LAN) isn't a fault, but a way intranet (LAN) and internet (WAN) is designed.
It's not possible to access a device on a LAN from the internet, without explicitly allowing/configuring it.

That's why I suggested to Google for "Port forwarding". :idea: