Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By rudy
I'm aware that this subject was already widely discussed here on this forum,

That is where the problem starts and it goes downhill from there. You made the assumption that what you are thinking is understood because you had read some previous posts. To put it bluntly, you have done a poor job of explaining what you need to do and what the problem is that you have. I have been trying to fill the blanks and figure out what it is but, as I have stated, I don't feel I have an understanding of what you are doing and why.

Now it seems that you have two routers as I had guessed before. And you want to disconnect the outside connection to the remote server. And I have little confidence that what I just said is true.
By lethe
andre_teprom wrote:I'm using the following configuration:
Code: Select allIPAddress   subnet      (255,255,255,0)                 ;
IPAddress   net         (192,168, 1, 211)      ;  // varies from 211 up to 220
IPAddress   gateway     (192,168, 1 ,0)              ;
/// IPAddress   dns         (8,8, 8 ,8)            ;

Your issue is probably the gateway IP 192.168.1.0.
While not technically invalid, using the subnet address for a host it has been discuraged historically, so there may be network stacks that don't handle this correctly.
Since you are using a private subnet, I doubt that you will run out of addresses any time soon, so I would strongly advise you to use a different IP for your gateway (such as 192.168.1.254)
By gdsports
lethe wrote:Your issue is probably the gateway IP 192.168.1.0.
While not technically invalid, using the subnet address for a host it has been discuraged historically, so there may be network stacks that don't handle this correctly.
Since you are using a private subnet, I doubt that you will run out of addresses any time soon, so I would strongly advise you to use a different IP for your gateway (such as 192.168.1.254)

I agree the gateway IP is wrong. If you want the ESP to access the Internet, the gateway address should be equal to the IP address of the WiFi router that has Internet access. I am also not clear if there are 1 or 2 routers.
By andre_teprom
#70095 @lethe,
You went straight to the point, and now finally the problem is solved. Once configured the IP of the Gateway equal to that of the Router, BINGO ! The system is now able to operate both as a local server for local clients, and as a local client to a remote server. Many thanks!

@rudy,
I am sorry for not meeting your expectations, but I consider that I met the goal of trying to be as clear as possible, even though I might have overlooked something; my purpose by illustrating it was both to help ME and to help EVERYONE who is going through the same problem, and quicky could identify some possible similarity in the context by seeing the pictures. BTW, I'm not using 2 routers as you have supposed!

@To the others.
Thank you so much for the tips, it's a nice forum for ESP8266 lovers.

Regards