Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By mikekgr
#70169 Dear Friends,
I need to implement the following and I need your help.
What I need: At setup phase ( or later in the loop phase, if the WiFi AP that the ESP8266 was connected to disconnected or lost )
1) I want ESP8266 to do a full WiFi AP scan and then to store ( the result of these scan ) these AP's along with the MAC address & signal strength for each one. ( MAC address in case that we have more APs with the same name... ).
2) In my sketch I will have 3-4 pre-setted APs with the passwords in the form ex: ap1ssid passwd1 ...
3) I want one routine then to "search" the stored scan of the step (1) to see if none, some or all of the pre-setted AP existed, then to choose the stronger of these pre-setted and finally to get connected to this AP...

How do you think? It is easy to achieve? Any idea and code block for implementation?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis
By mikekgr
Pablo2048 wrote:... as @Barnabybear suggest, and then continue with WiFiMulti ( https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/tree ... /WiFiMulti ) ;-)

Dear @Pablo2048
thanks a lot for point me at the WiFi multi sketch. as well as @Barnabybear suggested the WiFi scan sketch.
As a hardware engineer, I am very weak at programming and for this reason I asked you for help.
I can not combine these two sketches in order to fulfill my requirements I am afraid.
Can someone help me further in making the sketch for me?

In all cases thanks a lot for your kind help.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis