Chat freely about anything...

By treii28
#70125 Is it possible to either monitor or if possible, set the web server to answer any and all http requests (directed at port 80) regardless of the target IP? I'm trying to figure out captive portal to generate a pop-up but don't even see the outgoing generate_204 requests to google despite the fact I have the dns server set up to direct everything to the esp8266 and I 'can' see the dns requests and responses.
I have a feeling the device is using a dns cache and not trusting the dns response and asking for the resource at the last known ip.

(specifically what I would be looking for, since this device is not intended to be connected to the internet, would be any requests being asked by a connected device for a host other than the esp8266 access point on port 80 for a given list of urls. Although a blanket request->host() != WiFi.softAPIP() is probably sufficient to justify a redirect.
Problem is, I'm seeing the DNS server respond with the softAPIP to queries, but the device(s) are apparently ignoring them and going to a cached address)
By treii28
#70241 Still trying to find an example on this. Most of what I'm finding are linux reference using IPTables rules. Is there anything similar on ESP8266? lwip perhaps? Anyone know of any examples or that can give me any help here?