Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By Dimitre
#71860 Hello, I've noticed here that using Arduino IDE the maximum baud rate I can use to upload sketches is 115200.
But I was amazed by Esptool 2.1 which I can upload compiled binaries with baud up to 3000000
and it works great.

It was super useful to flash quickly 12 ESP-01 units those days for an installation. http://dmtr.org/estilhaco/

esptool.py --baud 3000000 --port /dev/cu.usbserial-12345678 write_flash --flash_mode dio --flash_size detect 0x0 /Volumes/ofw/TEENSYATUAL/ESP/ESPSerial/ESPSerial.ino.generic.bin

I'm using the classic red FTDI adapter and a custom adapter.
It would be great to be able to use a faster upload in IDE.
Thank you
By rudy
#71906 I get mixed results. It seems to me that I get poorer results if I go through the crappy cheap usb hubs I use. A lot of the 7 port hubs use two 4 port chips. The output of one feeds the second chip. That seems to make things worse for me. So I try and stick to the closest ports to the computer. Leave the last four for memory sticks or other things.

Again, this is my impression. Not known to be fact.
By McChubby007
rudy wrote:I get mixed results. It seems to me that I get poorer results if I go through the crappy cheap usb hubs I use. A lot of the 7 port hubs use two 4 port chips. The output of one feeds the second chip. That seems to make things worse for me. So I try and stick to the closest ports to the computer. Leave the last four for memory sticks or other things.

Again, this is my impression. Not known to be fact.

That's my experience too.