So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Sushant Naik
philbowles wrote:
Let's start at the beginning. Do you want to control you ESP from the Internet (anywhere in the world) or just inside your own network?

Over Internet from anywhere.
philbowles wrote:The first has security implications - either you run a server on your ESP and allow client mesages through your firewall, or you "call out" to the net as a client, asking a server for some data to tell it how it should handle its GPIO (as in your FTP example).

Inside your own network isn't as critical from a security point, but you still need to decide whether your ESP will be the client or the server. If it is the client, how often will it check the server for "instructions" ? If you want a quick response, you will be flooding your network with requests. This is not a very sensible method. It is more sensible for the ESP to be the server, listening for requests - but then you have security to think about - if YOU can control it, so - in theory - can anybody else...

You need to consider all these MAJOR design issues and make some (informed) choices before any examples/ advice / etc etc can be given.

SO, cutting through this all - what will your GPIO be controlling, what is it connected to? How quickly do you need a response to a remote command - seconds? Minutes? a day? microseconds? Do you want access from outside your own network, or just internally?

No not internally or local lan, i have done it locally but that is not the requirement , i want it through internet. its home automation project where user can control switches(relay via GPIO ) over internet.
the first part of project is to read data from internet. the 2nd part will be to control relays from internet. than APP development(last part).

Firstly Sorry for late reply, secondly Thank you for taking interest in this question and guiding me.