A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By jarnoldbrown
#71924 Apologies if this has been covered before, but...
Just programmed the binaries into a Wemos Mini D1 for this Repeater.
Works perfectly, but I seem to have lost the ability to reprogram the remote ESP8266 via OTA. Is this a know thing, and is there any workaround for it?

Even without the OTA capability, this is a boon!
By martin_g
#71936 OTA update is actually a feature that has to compiled into the SW. The repeater hasn't been build with any OTA library, Could be added, but as it is larger than 256KB it doesn't fit into two times into the flash of a small modul (e.g. the Sonoff switches) - what is required for OTA
By Anh Vu
#77720 Hey Martin, I used your code and it works great! Currently, it runs at 6Mbps. Do you know any way to increase the through put to 10 or 11Mbps? If I use 2 esp connected via SPI: one works at STA connecting to upstream router and other works as AP for client accessing, does it increase the through put? Thank you!
By martin_g
#78030 Could work - depends on the bandwith you can reach on the SPI. No idea, whether 10 Mbit or so is realistic on the ESP?

However - I havn't seen a usable SPI slave implementation for the ESP so far. Also it is the question, whether it makes sense, as it doubles power consumption and dedicated WiFi-repeaters from china are available for less than 10$.