Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By rabe
#70209 Hi all,
Recently I bought a Waveshare 2.9in e-Paper. I connected it to my ESP8266 based NodeMCU-1.0 ESP-12E board and succeed to get it running via Arduino epd2in9 lib. :D
As most others who buy an e-Paper they plan to run it in a very-low power consuming way and thus ESP.deepSleep() comes into play to reduce pause current to lowest possible. To let the ESP wake up after deep sleep I've connected D0 with RST.
I've used Waveshare's latest lib and demo and just added this at the end:
Code: Select all 
ESP.deepSleep(5 * 1000000);    // 5s (=microseconds*1000000) 
delay(100);

But now my problem :( :
When the SPI driven e-Paper is connected my board wakes up after the deep sleep period it just puts out the following to the Serial monitor (74880 Baud):
Code: Select allets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(1,6)

And then everything is stuck.
Only when I disconnect the e-Paper everything is working fine and my board continuosly wakes up after every deep sleep.
I've searched around for some days but did not succeed in finding a solution.
Any help would be very appreciated! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Ralph (from Germany)
By madmax
#70247 Hi Ralph,
Hello as well from Germany! ;-)

Unfortunately I cannot help you, but maybe you can help me:

I have the same setup:
-Waveshare 2.9in e-Paper
-ESP8266 based NodeMCU-1.0 ESP-12E (Geekcreit)

But I am having trouble making the right connections and setting everything up correctly. Would you be so kind and share your wiring with me?

Thanks,
Max
By schufti
#70286 just checked on my 1.54" e-paper, no probs here ...
might be your sketch or wiring (gpio slection) ...
By miker
#71946 Just a few days ago I've also has success getting the 2.9" color Waveshare e-paper display working on the ESP32. Have you had success getting text on the display using the Rotate command? The goal would be to overlay text on a splashscreen. Text by itself is fine, a splashscreen by itself is fine but text over a splashscreen isnt going so well.