A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By eqsOne
#70480 My product list without links:

Homebridge
    Raspberry Pi (any will do, i.e. Zero W)
    Power Supply

LED Controller
    Breadboard (doublesided, about 3.5x10cm)
    NodeMCU (i.e. V2 Amica Board)
    2x Single-Row Pin Header Socket for NodeMCU
    Recom R-785.0-1.0, 5V 1A (or L7805)
    3x (TIP122 - outdated) IRLZ44N MOSFET
    3x resistor 500Ω
    some cable

Optional
    for Recom R78xx: 10µF (@input) & 100µF (@output)
    Button (I chose a touch button)
    single row Pin Header socket for NodeMCU
    Strapubox 6090 or similar

Unless you already have some
    RGB LED strip
    Power Supply 12V (Make sure it delivers appropriate amperage for the entire strip length at max brightness!)

Bild.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by eqsOne on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By daniel_asilva
#71919 Hi. Thank you so much for this incredible tutorial. I noted you added that lines for 10-bit PWM as suggested by J6r06n, I was blowing my head to reshift the values from the number variable but a simple map function can solve this :lol:.
But like J6r06n, I also added one more thing to your code. Since I’m using a IRLZ44N MOSFET, when the arduino boots up, the pins are default to input, said to be in a high-impedance state, so the MOSFETS thinks it must turn on, and all colors of my LED strip brights up.
So I simple noted that you don’t have this lines in your void setup, then I added it before Serial.begin line:
Code: Select allpinMode(redPin, OUTPUT)
pinMode(grnPin, OUTPUT)
pinMode(bluPin, OUTPUT)

With this, after booting, all the color pins are defined as output, low-impedance, after that comes setHex() function, and everything works perfectly! :D