So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Dr.Faustus
#72260 Hello to everybody!! I'm a newbie using ESP822 and nodemcu, and i've a lot of project in my mind that are probably over my possibility.... anyway.. i'm starting from beginning with some test such as AT commands, loading script via arduino ide and so on...
my first test was sending AT command... ok
second test was blink and it works ok, but after that i can't communicate with AT commands no more..
i've tried also to use ESPlorer but it'seems like that serial monitor can't connect with nodemcu
i've tried also to press reset button one time...
I really feel like i'm missing some important information...
Dear friends, could someone helps me ? :D
Thank you very much
By flagtrax
#72411 Not knowing which module you are using I can give some "generic" advice. Most (generic) modules come with the "AT" command interpreter installed as firmware. If you loaded blink via the Arduino IDE, or lua via the nodeMCU platform, you have changed the firmware, and no longer have at commands at your disposal. If you want them back, you can rewrite the firmware with the AT command interpreter. There are various versions from different websites, like Expressif, (who also has a tool to load it) and Electrodragon has several on their website. Keep in mind that the AT command set isn't needed if you are writing and running your own programs on the module. Their functions are embedded in the libraries associated with the IDE you use. The platform you use is your choice, be it the Aduino IDE, nodeMCU/lua, or other SDK.