So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By cblx5
#70895 I have used 2 or 3 ESP8266's before and even updated the firmware on one.
I recently got a ES8266 wifi shield (for Uno/Mega, with the 4 pin switch block with 'DFU' Led on pin 4... hope that is recognisable).

As soon as I powered it up it began transmitting nonsense at an unknown speed. Long story short, the vendor sent me instructions to update using Nodemcu. It did not work but I managed to download latest Nodemcu and naively installed it and now I seem to be running LUA 5.1.6 and I get a '>' when powered up (on Putty).

I just want to use simple AT commands. !!!!!!!!!

Can anyone please explain how to get back to that ???????

I have tried loading

C:\Users......\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\bin\esp_init_data_default.bin
C:\Users......\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\bin\blank.bin
C:\Users......\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\bin\boot_v1.7.bin
C:\Users......\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\bin\at\512+512\user1.1024.new.2.bin

but the ESP8266 Download Tool V3.6.1.0 will always FAILs to sync.

Given my searches I seem to be the only person wanting to go back to AT command set.

Thanks
By rick2nd
#72454 me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....shouldnt be so difficult

cblx5 wrote:I have used 2 or 3 ESP8266's before and even updated the firmware on one.
I recently got a ES8266 wifi shield (for Uno/Mega, with the 4 pin switch block with 'DFU' Led on pin 4... hope that is recognisable).

As soon as I powered it up it began transmitting nonsense at an unknown speed. Long story short, the vendor sent me instructions to update using Nodemcu. It did not work but I managed to download latest Nodemcu and naively installed it and now I seem to be running LUA 5.1.6 and I get a '>' when powered up (on Putty).

I just want to use simple AT commands. !!!!!!!!!

Can anyone please explain how to get back to that ???????

I have tried loading

C:\Users......\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\bin\esp_init_data_default.bin
C:\Users......\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\bin\blank.bin
C:\Users......\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\bin\boot_v1.7.bin
C:\Users......\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\ESP8266_NONOS_SDK-master\bin\at\512+512\user1.1024.new.2.bin

but the ESP8266 Download Tool V3.6.1.0 will always FAILs to sync.

Given my searches I seem to be the only person wanting to go back to AT command set.

Thanks