Example sketches for the new Arduino IDE for ESP8266

Moderator: igrr

By McChubby007
mikekgr wrote:
mikekgr wrote:Dear Sirs,
I am trying to implement something and I need your help.
My project will be builded around ESP8266 Arduino 2.4.0 RC2 core.

Well, I need to have a little “WiFi management logic” to my code with the following requirements:
During the initial setup, after ( power on or reboot/reset ), I wanted to check 3 things or possible scenarios in 3 “steps”:

1) To be connected to the last know WiFi AP ( using the Espressif internal way ). If this is not possible/failed or we get timeout ( I will have 10 seconds timeout ) let's continue to step (2)

2) Try for a connection to a pre-setted WiFi AP ( hard coded to my code ). If this connection can be done ( there is also here timeout of let’s say 10 seconds ), everything is ok the setup continuous to the other things not related to WiFi… If not, go to last step, step 3

3) Activate wifimanager ( using this library: https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager ) and wait user action for WiFi AP connection based on the available WiFi AP you may have. Also here I need to have a timeout of 180 seconds and if nothing been configured after this period, just do ESP8266 restart

What do you think? What is the best possible implementation? Please give me good ideas...

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

Hello there!
No body can help me to fulfil my above mentioned requirements? Is it so much difficult ???

Is it so difficult for you more like? Or put another way : Is it so difficult for you to take responsibility for your own work, do some study, learn and improve? Or just leach off of others?

I see forums as partnerships; the more learned of us will try to help, but we aren't here to do it all for you, and expect others to make an effort - something you have failed to demonstrate. For example, if you have replied saying that 'well I tried <xyz> and did <abc>, and here's my code and wiring setup, can you help to fix <this problem>' then I would spend half an hour looking for you. As it is you have shown no effort in providing your time in making your post more detailed, and if you can't be bothered to spend your offort, then why should I spend my effort on YOUR project? You won't be hearing from me again on this post.
By mikekgr
McChubby007 wrote:
mikekgr wrote:
mikekgr wrote:Dear Sirs,
I am trying to implement something and I need your help.
My project will be builded around ESP8266 Arduino 2.4.0 RC2 core.

Well, I need to have a little “WiFi management logic” to my code with the following requirements:
During the initial setup, after ( power on or reboot/reset ), I wanted to check 3 things or possible scenarios in 3 “steps”:

1) To be connected to the last know WiFi AP ( using the Espressif internal way ). If this is not possible/failed or we get timeout ( I will have 10 seconds timeout ) let's continue to step (2)

2) Try for a connection to a pre-setted WiFi AP ( hard coded to my code ). If this connection can be done ( there is also here timeout of let’s say 10 seconds ), everything is ok the setup continuous to the other things not related to WiFi… If not, go to last step, step 3

3) Activate wifimanager ( using this library: https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager ) and wait user action for WiFi AP connection based on the available WiFi AP you may have. Also here I need to have a timeout of 180 seconds and if nothing been configured after this period, just do ESP8266 restart

What do you think? What is the best possible implementation? Please give me good ideas...

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Mike Kranidis

Hello there!
No body can help me to fulfil my above mentioned requirements? Is it so much difficult ???

Is it so difficult for you more like? Or put another way : Is it so difficult for you to take responsibility for your own work, do some study, learn and improve? Or just leach off of others?

I see forums as partnerships; the more learned of us will try to help, but we aren't here to do it all for you, and expect others to make an effort - something you have failed to demonstrate. For example, if you have replied saying that 'well I tried <xyz> and did <abc>, and here's my code and wiring setup, can you help to fix <this problem>' then I would spend half an hour looking for you. As it is you have shown no effort in providing your time in making your post more detailed, and if you can't be bothered to spend your offort, then why should I spend my effort on YOUR project? You won't be hearing from me again on this post.
rudy wrote:You have been given help. Nobody is going to write your code for you. I hope you seriously don't expect that.

Oh my God, I just asked a simple question given in details for what I want, and I got your answers in very offensive way...
Gentleman, I am hardware engineer and I am trying to improve my skills in C/C++ and the embedded programming. If my question is so "bad" for you, it is better not to bother to give me any answer.

Thanks.
By rudy
#72541 What exactly have you done so far? Have you tried anything with the multi example I suggested? Show what you have and then you might get some help. Please explain why I should spend a couple of hours to give you the help without you showing that you have made any effort on your own.