By schabanow
#51407 Obvious wiring (to be exact - spring clamp) problem so you talk about 'a classic breadboard'. Lube all and every clamp on your 'classic breadboard' in order to get out OXYGEN out of surface contact area. And have fun. Any kind of mineral oil (motor oil sounds perfect). If you wanna play safe, use expensive silicon oil for electronics...
By amm009uk
martinayotte wrote:Then, maybe your wiring ?
Do you have proper pullups on RES/CH_PD/GPIOI2/GPIO0 and pulldown on GPIO15 ?

[newbie here] Could you please expand on that it seems to be common knowledge but I can't work it out:-( I don't have stability issues on my first board a Wemos D1 mini but its still only on the bread board.
By amm009uk
martinayotte wrote:What instability do you have ?
You simply need pullups on RES/CH_PD/GPIOI2/GPIO0 and pulldown on GPIO15.

All is good everything came together suddenly for this newbie!

I've been flashing (10s of times) a Wemos D1 mini pro and its fine thru serial. But OTA upload was very flakey mostly crashes after upload. This was testing while powered from FTDI with jumpers. Once I powered it from the onboard micro USB its fine. Feeling stupid for having wired it the long way round!

I've got no pull ups/down and its working fine with my first door sensor still only on a breadboard. I do have a resistor for the sensor though.

Now on to smartening up the code.