Chat about current Lua tools and IDEs

By AdrianM
#72804 I usually use Marcel's cloud build service and PyFlasher to build and fash firmware but I recently tried using Johny Mattsson's prebuilt toolchain under UbuntuOnWindows (now that it seems reasonably usable). This toolchain produces two .bin files that are combined in the Docker and cloud builds - and PyFlasher appears to expect this so I'm scratching my head on how to flash my binaries.

Is there a way of getting the toolchain to combine files, a combiner tool or am I barking up the wrong tree altogether?
By AdrianM
#72854 In case anyone has the same question I found this was answered a couple of years ago here: viewtopic.php?p=19293#p19293

To automate this I have added the following rule to the Makefile:

Code: Select allblob:
   $(MAKE)
   srec_cat -output $(TOP_DIR)/bin/blob.bin -binary $(TOP_DIR)/bin/0x00000.bin -binary -fill 0xff 0x00000 0x10000 $(TOP_DIR)/bin/0x10000.bin -binary -offset 0x10000

So now...
Code: Select all $ make blob

...produces a blob.bin file that PyFlasher can load. I will warn you that I'm not very familiar with makefiles so while it works for me, I can't gaurentee it will work for everyone - and there may well be better ways of doing this. It's provided a welcome boost to my productivity though. PyFlasher is many times faster than all the other flash tools I've used so far.