Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By gdsports
#73231 You did not mention anything about using up all the pins so try 0 or 2. The pull ups should not prevent them from be used for the DONE signal. In fact, you might need pull ups to ensure DONE does not go low when the ESP is powering up. Even with the pull up resistors, you should be able to configure the pins as outputs then drive them low.
By Paolo Cinaglia
gdsports wrote:You did not mention anything about using up all the pins so try 0 or 2. The pull ups should not prevent them from be used for the DONE signal. In fact, you might need pull ups to ensure DONE does not go low when the ESP is powering up. Even with the pull up resistors, you should be able to configure the pins as outputs then drive them low.

Thank you so much gdsports. Tomorrow (i've everything at my work place) I will give a try with some pull ups on the pins 2 or 0
By Paolo Cinaglia
Paolo Cinaglia wrote:
gdsports wrote:You did not mention anything about using up all the pins so try 0 or 2. The pull ups should not prevent them from be used for the DONE signal. In fact, you might need pull ups to ensure DONE does not go low when the ESP is powering up. Even with the pull up resistors, you should be able to configure the pins as outputs then drive them low.

Thank you so much gdsports. Tomorrow (i've everything at my work place) I will give a try with some pull ups on the pins 2 or 0

I've tried to wire a pull up between pin #2 and the DONE pin of TPL but never turn on the led. The code is working well with pins #4 and #5 but not for the pin #2. I don't know if is a question of resistor (i'm using a 10k resistor) or other...
I'm adding a photo of my experimental set-up. What i'm doing wrong?