Your new topic does not fit any of the above??? Check first. Then post here. Thanks.

Moderator: igrr

By schufti
Is there any way to simplify receiving commands from my site, which does not have to open the client router to configure port forwarding?

strictly: NO
why: exactly this is the way a firewall is providing security

there is some upnp mechanism that would allow a device to configure portforwarding but hopefully this feature is disabled on routers by default.
By gerardwr
#73423 For realtime communication websockets are often used.

The cliënt connects to a server and the connection stays open. After that, using the websockets mechanism, TCP packets can be sent by the cliënt or by the server.

Because the cliënt initiaties the connection no port forwarding is required.

Google for websockets for more info.
By lucasromeiro
gerardwr wrote:For realtime communication websockets are often used.

The cliënt connects to a server and the connection stays open. After that, using the websockets mechanism, TCP packets can be sent by the cliënt or by the server.

Because the cliënt initiaties the connection no port forwarding is required.

Google for websockets for more info.

I understand, I know how to do it!
Unable to leave the connection to the active server.
I need the server (site) to do a connection inversion. I use port forewarding, but it's uncomfortable! I read that using UPNP makes it much easier. But it is not very well known for much of it.
https://github.com/ofekp/TinyUPnP
By lucasromeiro
#77544 I still have the same problem.
I could not solve it yet.
Currently I do port redirection setup on my clients, but this is labor intensive and very install codicil in companies that security is high.
I can not make my device always connect to my server to receive commands because there are many devices and my server will not hold, also the reverse eating would not run at the same time, it would have a delay.
I need help, does anyone have an idea?