So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By AndyF
#74072 Dear All,

I am new to ESP8266, the last micro-controller I used was a 8048!! Yes things have come on a bit since then.

Anyway I have purchased a ESP8266 E12 development board and all is good, I have the WiFi up and running and I can control it from a serial port and on a very very simple web page.

My aim is to use it to remotely monitor a number of sensors and report their values to both a web page and ultimately to a mobile app. I am looking for some advice on finding a graphical dashboard for my PC which can be used to show the values of say eight sensors as well as control a couple of digital I/O points,

I also wish to use my ESP board to work in a standalone mode and act as an alarm for these sensors. For this to work efficiently I want to set the alarm values via the web page using some sort of textbox entry and then upload these values to the 8266 - it would also be good to store these locally in a file on the PC. I also want to be able to upload text descriptors for the sensors so I definitely need text entry not a slider style.

Oh and I want it free - of course!!!!

I am sure this is possible but I must be looking in the wrong place so please help me!!

Many thanks

Andy F