So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By yachtwork
#74067 I have been learning the wifi setup of this device using 'Pieter P's - Beginner's guide to the ESP8622'. While doing so, I wanted to change the AP name and password. Altering the code below and uploading to the ESP8622 does not change the SSID I see from my laptop or phone. I still see the original 'ESP8266 Access Point' and password is 'thereisnospoon' (from original code).

I did some research and found mention the SSSID info is at 0x7E000. So, used the nodemcu flasher to install a blank.bin at this address. Uploaded my code again and still no change to the new AP name.

I can upload the 'blink' program, so I know the ESP is taking my program. Clearly I'm missing a step or doing something incorrectly. Any help is appreciated.

Device used - Hiletgo NodeMCU ESP8266

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h> // Include the Wi-Fi library
const char *ssid = "ESP8266 AP"; // The name of the Wi-Fi network that will be created
const char *password = "spoon"; // The password required to connect to it, leave blank for an open network
void setup() {
Serial.begin(115200);
delay(10);
Serial.println('\n');
WiFi.softAP(ssid, password); // Start the access point
Serial.print("Access Point \"");
Serial.print(ssid);
Serial.println("\" started");
Serial.print("IP address:\t");
Serial.println(WiFi.softAPIP()); // Send the IP address of the ESP8266 to the computer

}
void loop() { }