Chat freely about anything...

By Disneysw
#8550 Does the ESP8266 only respond to +++AT comands via the telnet connection or am I missing something?

For me it would be handy if the commands were also available via the serial port so my "smart client" could use the serial port to establish a connection to the AP and open a socket for listening. This would allow me to display the allocated IP address via a LCD - making the remote connection easier. Know this is not 100% transparent but the Hayes command set rarely if ever had a problem with binary files.
By StefanL38
#8602 Hi,

the guys around here seem to be all experts about modifying ESP8266 firmware, setting up toolchains etc.

I'm pretty experienced in programming in Delphi and Propeller-Chip (SPIN and Assembler) and some Arduino skteches. But I have NO experience about toolchains etc.

Does there exist a tool for uploading a new firmware into the ESP8266s flash?

I mean something simple as ponyprog
Start loader-tool on a windows PC
load compiled ROM-image
flash it
everything is done

best regards

Stefan
By dacb
Disneysw wrote:Does the ESP8266 only respond to +++AT comands via the telnet connection or am I missing something?

For me it would be handy if the commands were also available via the serial port so my "smart client" could use the serial port to establish a connection to the AP and open a socket for listening. This would allow me to display the allocated IP address via a LCD - making the remote connection easier.

It is presently configured only to respond to the +++AT (Hayes like) commands via the network. I see what you want to do. Is there an issue already on the github that aligns with your needs?

Disneysw wrote:Know this is not 100% transparent but the Hayes command set rarely if ever had a problem with binary files.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. In dynamic configuration mode it is possible for the network side to trip the +++AT commands if you are really unlucky. If that is a concern, you can disable the +++AT commands by doing a static configuration as described in the README.md.