A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By LukasH
#54534 Dear community,

I've been using Arduino Nanos and the CapSense library from Paul Badger (https://github.com/moderndevice/CapSense) for quite some time now and wanted to try the CapPin functionality for the ESP8266 as well. I had to change some uint8_t definitions within the library to uint32_t in order to be able to compile everything for a WeMos D1 mini. Unfortunately, the library doesn't seem to match the ESP8266 architecture that easily. I always get the warning: readPin method over timeout, check wiring. although I'm using the same wiring as for the Arduino.

The library uses the built-in pullup resistor to sense capacitance by measuring the time to rise the pin from LOW to HIGH. Does anyone have an idea, how to tweak the CapSense library in order to make it work for the ESP8266 architecture? Or is there any capacitive touch solution that works for the ESP8266?

Many thanks in advance,
Lukas
By GOD
#74895 Hi

Any update on that? I picked up a Wemos board recently because I thought it would be easy to use all the Arduino libraries...such as capsense....

Thanks in advance!