A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By picstart
#63657 Well I flashed today's binaries and opened the serial port hoping it might accept commands
It appears the output is blocking the input.....MYSSID is a real AP on my network that almost all code has found todate. show or help..nothing works

set ssid MYSSID scandone
no ssid found, reconnect after 1s
disconnect from ssid ssid, reason 201
reconnect
scandone
reconnect
scandone
By martin_g
#63660 On the serial status output is somewhat mixed with the input, but that is okay. It is up and running. Just ignore it and type:
Code: Select allset ssid MYSSID
set password MYPASSWORD
save
reset

It will use the new ssid setting after reset. As soon as it is connected, there is not much more output. Other option would be to directly connect via the open "MyAP" of the ESP and do the config there:
Code: Select alltelnet 192.168.4.1 7777

There is no debug output on the remote console.

You migth want to look into my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2FqnMFCLw at 6:40 or "Maker Saga" has written an instruction independently here: http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheap-W ... /?ALLSTEPS
By picstart
#63674 Oops,
It was the terminal program by default it doesn't automatically send CRLF...the clue was there was no response after sending any command using the serial interface.
The necessary condition is that every typed command line be terminated with CRLF.
By picstart
#63683 OK,
If I Portmap: TCP: xx.xx.0.187:80 -> 10.0.1.0:24 where xx is the external network ip but using xx for this public board. I can with an external device ex android signon to the 10.0.1.0 access point and get an ip 10.0.1.xx and the browser on the android can access google search on the web. It works...nice

Now if an addition portmap for UDP is set then neither the browser on TCP or the new path with UDP will work. It accepts both maps via the serial command interface but UDP messes things up plus the port 24 probably is invalid for UDP.
I did try a higher number that I know works. I'm not sure if a UDP broadcast on the external network will bridge to the esp8266 repeater and then on to the attached android device.
Anyway it is nice to confirm it works for TCP and the web port 80.