A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Stanem
#86066 Hello all.
I'm trying to get this to work but getting crazy! I can program it into a ESP-01 with 1M memory, it signals OK but nothing happens. I've tried both ESP8266 Download Tool v3.6.8 and NodeMCU with same disappointing result - can't get it to work. I've tried with external power supply but no difference there either. If I connect serial comm to it I get some garbage result when reset:ing but if I try any commands nothing happens and Telnet doesn't find the IP. If I use Arduino IDE and try some example program it works so the unit works but I really want this program to work so what do I wrong? Really need help...
Edit: Got the serial comm to work, this is what I see:

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x40100000, len 1328, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0xef
load 0x00000000, len 0, room 8
tail 0
chksum 0xef
csum 0xef
csum err
ets_main.c

So I gues the programming goes wrong but don't know where/what to do...
By Stanem
schufti wrote:
I get some garbage result when reset:ing

it would be nice for ppl to grasp that "the garbage" can contain valueable information.
Just switch your terminal to 74880 baud and report the - now readable - message.

Well, I did and edited my original message who now is gone... anyway the result is:

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x40100000, len 1328, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0xef
load 0x00000000, len 0, room 8
tail 0
chksum 0xef
csum 0xef
csum err
ets_main.c

So obviously the programming goes wrong but why I don't know...
By Ape21
#86073 Using speedtest.net, 2 meters for the router.

I'm trying to change the AP name but without success. I just uploaded the .bin files from your GitHub.