A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By martin_g
Ribeiro Santos wrote:What about a command "on/off?
To turn off the "ap_ssid" is just possible by turning off the power, no?

"set ap_on [0|1]" now does the job. This parameter is also stored in the config, so you can start up the repeater silently.

Was actually a little bit harder than I expected: If you turn on and off STATIONAP mode the stack asynchronously creates a new netif with a new number every time. However the implementation of all API-functions are hardcoded to netif no 1 for the AP. This especially confuses the DHCP server that grabs its IP from netif no 1. Now I change the netif no back to 1 after each "set ap_on 1" and do the IP-config of the DHCP delayed in the timer-func - should work now. You can now even stop the AP, change its params, and restart it again without reset.
By Ribeiro Santos
#60719 Hi, thanks!

I have another request :) :
- we set ap_on 0
- but want to set ap_on 1 ??? how can we do that without a serial connection?

It is possible to turn off just the access to the other router and continues as AP?

Thanks again!

(I'm having problems compiling in windows)
By martin_g
#61246 Just uploaded a variation of the WiFi repeater/NAT router. Now it "translates" a WPA2 Enterprise PEAP network (like the "eduroam") to a WPA-PSK network (like nearly any home network).

In office or university environments this can help to develop or demonstrate IoT devices that cannot connect directly to WPA2 Enterprise networks.

Building is a bit tricky, as for the time being it requies some binary patching, but it works. Details can be found at: https://github.com/martin-ger/esp_peap_psk
By MSc
#61636 Hi,

Thanks for sharing your work. I have testet your Firmware and it works perfekt, also Streaming Amazon HD-Video to TV over your WiFi repeater. But I have a special Problem: I want to use the repeater to stream a Video from a Wifi Cam over the ESP8266 to a Synology surveilance station. The problem ist, that the surveilance station needs itself connect to the cam and not the cam to the station. Is it possible to tell the repater to route a special port to a special IP on the AP side?

Thanks
Markus