A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Alfodr
#76450 Hello everybody,

I require some help or guidelines for my new esp8266 Wemos D1 R1 project since I'm new with Linux, Arduino, programming and knowledge of terminology to use for finding similar projects.
I have created web server that is sending wake on lan magic packets to my PC and that is working without issues.

Now I want to expand its functionality so it can send other commands to PC.
I need to find a way to send some kind of requests and for Linux to listen to them and run commands.
Alternately, I need to create ssh or similar connection from D1 to local Linux device and pass commands from web server text input.

Please, offer me some guidelines even if you don't have solutions for all problems in creating this project, direct me to similar projects or tell me if this is even possible.

Edit:
Since it took days for this topic to get approved, I already have some solution to this problem.
I have created a java application that logs in to web site, handles requests and reads commands from some kind of buffer. I am not happy with that approach. I still want to control PC from ESP8266 and not the other way around.