A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By McChubby007
#77412 Well done for designing/building and trying to get the product to market, but I fail to see why those 'in the know' would spend $50, when an equivalent Sonoff relay is about $15 (perhaps less) - unless I'm missing something? This world is cynical and price is king. You will also now have to consider your BOM costs what with the US tariffs kicking-in from China.

Today I read a very interesting post from Sparkfun about the awful mess that the new import tariffs are creating, not only on costs to the end customer, but also significant admin/bureaucracy/costs in import processing by Sparkfun/their agents and categorisation of materials. It's well worth a read. Although I am a Brit, I think this will impact us all in the long run, politics aside.
By rudy
stealthtransam wrote:I created an ESP8266 AC Mains Relay board and I submitted it to the getsparked program with sparkfun and groupgets. I'm hoping they pick it up and start selling it in sparkfun's website. Till then I'd love to get some feedback on it from people here.

I could not find it on the link provided or your company's website. Can you tell me what electrical certifications that you have obtained for your product?
By stealthtransam
#77424 Rudy,

Thanks for the question. The ESP-12F used on the board has an FCC certification from the manufacture. All boards are CE and ROHS complient. The AC power supply all FCC and have an equivalent to UL certification from the respective manufactures.

If there was a large enough sales base of them I would be able to greatly reduce the cost of the board and take it though complete certification but at this time it is using certified assemblies and components unlike the SONOFF devices. Don't get me wrong they are great little devices but I don't feel safe using them. I personally would never build a product to compete with a Chinese product. With Tariffs starting to be imposed in the US the cost of the Chinese boards will increase as well.
By rudy
#77425 I have my own opinion about Sonoff products. But as a company the do have real engineers working for them. They have a real location and factory. They have professional designed complete products. They have real certifications for their products. They are much more than one individual with a virtual presence producing products in his basement.

I understand that the components have some certification but that does not make the product in compliance. And I was not asking about the components. I was asking about your product. You said that the board is CE compliant, what standards are you compliant to?