A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By Tiogaplanet
#78619 ...and this site helped immensely. I turned to this site several times when I found myself needing help.

Disclaimer: I am not a tech professional. I am an amateur and hobbyist. I developed this in my extremely limited spare time once this project really captured my attention. If any of you smart folks care to offer suggestions for improvement I'm happy to hear it.

I developed an adapter board in Eagle to fit a Wemos D1 mini or clone to MiP's battery compartment. The adapter board was designed with files originally provided by SparkFun. I then ported adamgreen's Arduino ProMini Pack library to the esp8266 to get everything working. This is not a quick setup if someone wants to try this project. It involves buying the adapter board from your favorite PCB manufacturer and opening MiP to do the install. I provided what I think are pretty decent instructions in the esp8266 library repository.

I posted the files for the adapter board and the library to GitHub.
D1 mini Pack
MiP ESP8266 Library

So far, I've written sketches to demonstrate the use of SPIFFS, get the time using NTP, check the weather, check Gmail and use MiP's eyes and chest to indicate weather and mail status.

If anyone tries this project please share your experience.