A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By btidey
#78867 This is a project that puts a rotary encoder, esp-12 module and battery together to make a small single remote controller for functions like lamp dimming or volume control.

A description is on instructables at https://www.instructables.com/id/Rotary-Encoder-Button/

The code includes a library that supports up to 3 rotary controls using interrupts.
By McChubby007
#78889 That is very neat; I had thought of the usefulness of such a thing recently, and it can be relatively simple.

What I also think is useful here, is that the circuit is good reference material for a battery operated device, and I can see it useful elsewhere. It certainly removes the need for deep sleep and any complexity that that introduces.
By torntrousers
McChubby007 wrote:What I also think is useful here, is that the circuit is good reference material for a battery operated device, and I can see it useful elsewhere. It certainly removes the need for deep sleep and any complexity that that introduces.

+1, really nice!