A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By rudy
ian wrote:http://myiot.co.uk/ESP12/

With a post like this, nothing more than a link, I feel disrespected by the poster. Can you not spare a few seconds and write something?

I don't worry myself about your opinions

Obviously.

I tend to put a lot of effort into most of my posts. I don't expect that from everybody but imagine what this forum would be like if it were made up of the above.
By ian
#80306 @Rudy
Yes, your posts are well thought & intelligent. And lost very quickly :(
Occasionally, I choose to 'publish' my work on my website.
I'm sure you realise that a lot more effort is required in creating a web page than replying to a forum post?
Occasionally I choose to share this. NO WAY am I doing a write up for a forum such as this one! Not enough hours in the day :(
Quickfix is an 'enthusiastic' contributor. Much of his advice is factually incorrect :(
This forum has really hit rock bottom :(
By btidey
#80308 I also had a problem with the original post of just a link with no explanation. Not even one sentence beyond the title.

That always smells to me of a scam or a piece of commercial advertising which puts me off even following th elink.

Nobody was saying that you should have done some extensive write up here, but if you wanted people to visit the site then it would have made sense to have given them a reason to. This would have been time better spent than the effort you have now used attempting to flame people here.

The posts and contributions on this valuable forum do not get lost as anybody who has used google to search for particular esp8266 issues will know.
By Bonzo
I also had a problem with the original post of just a link with no explanation. Not even one sentence beyond the title.

I did not visit either; if I could have seen a users reputation I might have visited out of interest.

McChubby007 wrote: many people who are lazy/can't be bothered to get off their backsides and do some research

It seems to me there are an awful lot of people like that. I blame the internet as everybody wants everything for fee now and can't wait. All the forums I belong to seem to have people who join, can't be bothered to search or want an answer to their exact problem and again can't be bothered to modify a similar answer or are incapable. They will not confirm whether the answer was correct or helpful which does not help anyone else. I remember the times where a user would delete their original question on some forums leaving the resulting answers meaningless!

Reminds me of the cartoon on this page:[url] http://explosm.net/comics/4729/
[/url]