A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By btidey
#80634 I normally use esp-12f modules when deploying into real applications.

Often they need a few extra components for interfacing. When it is just a small number I have mounted smd components directly on the back of the esp12f but when it needs more, then I have used just matrix board up till now. This is a bit messy as the smd components don't really line up with anything.

So I have now designed a simple add on board designed to sit on top of the esp12f and keep the overall footprint the same as the esp12 but with a bit of extra height. The holes line up with the esp12 so just attaching a few with wires is sufficent to dold it in place as well as making them available for interfacing.

It has room for a LDO regulator (e.g. xc6203, decoupling capacitor, 3 3-pin pads for mosfets or bipolar devices, and a load of pads for smd resistors capacitors diodes etc. The wiring is kept to just the regulator stuff, and GPIO15 pull down, and some pads on the back are wired to 0V and 3.3V

pcbtop.jpg

pcbbottom.jpg

pcb-esp12f.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.