A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By voyager
Almost all the new photo and video cameras are wifi enabled and it can be controlled by an smartphone

What is controlled? Please give me more info as i do not own such a camera. Or give me some info of an IOS App so that i can understand your needs.
In the Panasonic owners manual i could not find anything about WiFi.
By villTech
#11850 i have an esp8266 inside my frsky rx module (started with hlk-wifi-m03 / rm04) so i can control my gopro camera from my TX while flying in my quadcopter. i just did that for a test. not really useful. ;) ;) ;)

but my esp8266 gopro intervalometer is useful to me. :D :D :D
Last edited by villTech on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
By andrew500w
voyager wrote:
Almost all the new photo and video cameras are wifi enabled and it can be controlled by an smartphone

What is controlled? Please give me more info as i do not own such a camera. Or give me some info of an IOS App so that i can understand your needs.
In the Panasonic owners manual i could not find anything about WiFi.

The app is used as a remote control, the app of Panasonic: Image App, Sony: Play Memories, Canon: EOS remote.

You can control almost all the parameters, rec, stop, zoom, white balance, menu, flash, etc.

Here you can download the manual of the Panasonic HC-X920 camcorder:
http://cdn.cnetcontent.com/79/53/79531b ... a7850b.pdf

Here the Sony HDR-CX900:
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/conten ... X900E/list
By voyager
#11869 This means you want to remote control your camera using WiFi and a small micro, is that right?
Wouldn't it be reasonable to first write a program on your PC or Mac to realize the functions you are thinking of and then convert them to a micro controller. Thats the way i usually start a project. I start writing my App with XoJo (for Windows, OS X or IOS) and then convert it for a Atmel AVR. Have i understood correctly that you already have understood the WiFi communication protocol. So on what system is it based? Can you control the Cam with a self written program using USB or WiFi?
Give me more info.