A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By bkenobi
#83151 I have a simple temperature/humidity sensor I built out of a NodeMCU v3 (clone). It's worked fine for a while but I needed to change my network setup. When I reflashed it, things stopped working. I assume the bme280 is bad somehow but I'd like to know if there's a way to test it. I have a few others in a box somewhere (if I can find it) so I can throw a new one in to test at some point. I'm just wondering if there's a basic test that can be run. e.g., supply 3.3v across power/ground and measure voltage across...well, something. It's not a huge deal, but I see no reason it should have failed so I'm at a loss currently.
By rudy
#83153 The only voltage check you can do with it is to confirm that the SDA and SCL lines are pulled high. Confirm you have tower to the chip. And then it is back to talking to it over I2C.

Are you certain the NodeMCU board is working? If you only have the one I2C device then the problem could just as well be the ESP8266. It seems that all you know is that you are not getting any readings. Not that the BME280 failed. (although very possible)
By bkenobi
#83154 Nope, wasn't sure it was a bad BME280 which is why I was asking. I found my other 2 sensors and tried them (2x). Both failed with the same error. It looks like either my sketch is bad, I have the IDE configured wrong for upload, or the NodeMCU is the problem. I'll check other settings and try again. Thanks for the suggestions.