A place users can post their projects. If you have a small project and would like your own dedicated place to post and have others chat about it then this is your spot.

By JNR
#85508 Hi I'm trying to work something out im not amazing at the software side total noob but can do the hardware part. What i would like to do is have A esp8266 or ESP32 to drive 2 pixel outputs but i down want it to be like all the ones you find on the internet where they receive Artnet via the WIFI and covert it to pixels. I would like to dumb it down and have it receive DMX via a Wireless DMX receiver and feed DMX into the ESP and then pixel output to the LEDs

I would like a very simple Web interface for the ESP to do a AP mode so it can do the following
- configure what IC chip the LEDs are using eg. WS2812
- configure if they are RGB or RGBW
- configure how many LEDs
- Set start channel
then after 1min of no connection it turns the AP off that way it doesn't interfere with the 2.4ghz of the Wireless DMX unit.

I have attached a very rough and i mean rough sketch of what I'm trying to explain

I know the ESP modules can do this easily as I have some running something similar via artnet just not via DMX and im really keen to make it work with Wireless DMX instead of Artnet as I'm having dropout issues with artnet.
Is this something someone can help out with or point me in the right direction I just can't find anything this simple that does not have artnet.